Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Third Time's a Charm?

I spent two very full days of a workshop re-knitting the cowl neck on my Obsidian. I got through an entire 437 yard skein of yarn. I was a bit disappointed by how the re-knit yarn turned out - apparently this yarn should really be re-skeined and washed, at least for the garter stitch sweater I'm making. I figured it would probably block out enough, and I'd just keep going. I was also getting a bit worried about how much yarn I was using - 1/3 of the yarn for the collar alone?!


When doing the first decrease round, I realized my stitch count was off. In counting the stitches, I learned I added 120% more, not the recommended 20% more, to the cowl. Back to the frog pond. Again. At least I know to break out the niddy noddy and wash it this time - hopefully now that I've made all the mistakes, I can make the sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!