Saturday, February 14, 2015

Small and Quick Things

I've made a few small and quick things for gifts this month:


Yarn: Sock yarn scraps
Needles: US2.5/3.0mm
Timeframe: February 8 - 9, 2015.
Mods: Six rows for the first plain section, four for the second.
Problems: Needles were too small at first, but the larger size worked perfectly!
 
 
These are quick, easy, and adorable! I just wish I had more uses for them - how many wine cork mushrooms does one really need?
 
 
I started making the heart-topped, two-tier cake from this set, then realized that the hearts would not stay nice on a keychain. Then I decided that it was large enough, and I was going to make it a one-tier cake using the top tier's stitch counts. I made a flower for the top to give it some personality, and accidentally grabbed my blue beads instead of the silver ones. This was a happy accident, as I absolutely love it with the blue!
 
 
Yarn: Louet Gems in White
Hook: USC/2.75mm
Timeframe: February 9 - 13, 2015
Mods: See above!
Problems: The pattern gives no gauge or widely available yarn options. Fairly well-written otherwise.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!