Sunday, January 18, 2015

Finished Handspun

I finally skeined and washed and measured the finished handspun that's been hanging around for months. 961 yards in, but coming from the fiber stash and getting a step closer to their final form:


Copper Moose Mountain Magic
  170 grams/412 yards
2-ply, 11 wpi, DK-ish
 
The colors are quite a bit more muted than I had hoped. It's also a bit rough, so I'm planning for a hat (Newsboy Hat Hannah) and potentially matching cowl using the cable from the hat with any leftovers.


Unknown Roving (first fiber purchase from eBay)
  172 grams/549 yards
2-ply, 16 wpi, light fingering-ish
 
I'm really happy with how this one turned out. It's not perfect, but it is quite nice, and exactly what I was hoping for. Mostly grey with pops of color. This will be a nice little shawl, Autumn Flutters, as soon as I finish the Simplicity Cardigan that is using the necessary needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!