Saturday, December 6, 2014

Loopy Academy Semester 1

Part of that yarn order was for the three first semester projects of Loopy Academy, a semester that ends at the end of the month and may have been a crazy thing to pick up less than a month before it's due. Of course, I dropped what I was working on and tore into the first two projects right after photographing the yarn for my Ravelry stash page. I probably would have cast on all three but I only had the needles available for two.



These were mittens that most people said came out too big, so I cast on fewer stitches. They were then too small. I haven't yet ripped it out, instead I've been working on the second project:


This is my first time doing brioche stitch, so there's a bit of a learning curve. I think I'm getting the hang of it. No major bouts of foul language, no throwing the yarn across the room (yet). I also wasn't completely sold on the color combination and was kind of wondering what on Earth I was thinking when I picked out the yarn. Now, however, I'm loving it! It's striping so nicely, and the purple isn't getting as lost as I thought it might (even if the poorly lit picture says otherwise). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!