Saturday, October 25, 2014

Quick Household Projects

I was slightly annoyed with how much yarn I had left over from the blanket I finished last week. I had 2590 yards of yarn and used 1842. Over a mile, but still, I was hoping to use up at least one or two full skeins. Luckily (?) I already wanted to make a toilet paper cozy and the leftover colors work for our in-progress bathroom. Do you have any idea how few good toilet paper cozy patterns there are? I spent far too long looking and wound up with something reasonable:


Pattern: PFC83-Flowered Toilet Roll Cover (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Red Heart With Love in Lettuce and Mango
Hook: 4.0mm/USG, 3.5mm/USE for the bottom edge
 Timeframe: October 21 - 24, 2014
Mods: Magic loop start, did the top edge as Round 6, slip stitched down the post to continue to the actual Round 6 instead of breaking the yarn and reattaching it. Carried the yarn though the stripes. Also no flower.
Problems: Amount of yarn

While searching Ravelry for good toilet paper cozy patterns, I came across a little soap dispenser bird and HAD TO HAVE IT! Isn't it the cutest thing ever? There's also a duck version!


Pattern: Bird Decoration (mine)
Yarn: Red Heart With Love in Bluebell
Hook: 3.5mm/USE
 Timeframe: October 21, 2014
Mods: Magic loop start. No eyes thus far - we'll see if I add them later.
Problems: My soap dispenser top is a bit large and distorts the head somewhat, but it still fits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!