Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Stuffed Creatures

After the sets of hats and booties, I had very little yellow Caron Simply Soft left. I was intending to make a stuffed duck for a gift and wanted to double the yarn to make it a bit larger. 16 yards is not that much, even for a small duck. Doubling the yarn made it impossible. Do I buy more? Double it with another color? Pick another creature to make?

Luckily, I had another reasonable (though not as soft) yellow in my stash:


Pattern: Filbert! the Baby Duck (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Wool of the Andes Superwash in Semolina and Cascade 220 Superwash in Burnt Orange
Hook: 6.0mm/USJ
 Timeframe: June 22 - , 2014
Mods: Doubled the yarn, used a larger hook, needle felted the eyes for security
Problems: None!

I love the little curl in the ends of the wings! I also made a little stuffed owl:

Pattern: Confused Owl (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in White and Cascade 220 Superwash in Burnt Orange
Hook: 6.0mm/USJ
 Timeframe: June 22 - , 2014
Mods: Doubled the yarn, used a larger hook, crocheted rather than felted the eyes, and needle felted the pupils
Problems: None!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!