Thursday, July 10, 2014

Chicken Bag and Chicks

I came across an adorable set of a mama chicken and her baby chicks, something that would be perfect for an older toddler and would use only scraps (and one purchased skein of white because I ran out).


Pattern: Mama Chicken Bag (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in many colors
Hook: 4.0mm/USG for the wings, 6.0mm/USJ for the rest
 Timeframe: June 25 - July 6, 2014
Mods: Two wings, one color for the tail, added the comb.
Problems: The wings are a bit big because I used smaller yarn for the body, but that's okay.
Pattern: Super Quick Easter Chicks (Ravelry mine 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in many colors
Hook: 4.0mm/USG
 Timeframe: June 24 - July 4, 2014, less than a day per chick.
Mods: Needle felted eyes.
Problems: None!
Six of these chicks match the paisley colors of Mama's wings. The seventh is scraps from another project (coming soon!) because the black cat kept stealing the chicks as I was trying to make them. She doesn't particularly like it unless it's in with my crafting supplies and she has to steal it. Cat logic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!